Some weeks the ideas and words just flow. Others…well, it’s more of an ebb.
But I want to get better at writing and I know it’s all about practice…and so now I have Dory’s voice in my head saying: “Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim
Yes, I’ve resorted to channeling animated characters. (This isn’t the first time and certainly won’t be the last.)
I recently had a conversation with someone when we turned to the topic of “things that people don’t know about me”. This is a potential minefield because sometimes there is a good reason why people don’t know that about you…cause it’s weird, or off-putting, or too-much-information. However, there are many things – our interests, our hobbies, our fears, that can make us seem like more of a well-rounded person.
So in light of this, here are five things that people don’t generally know about me:
1. I cannot type the word “perhaps”..it always comes out as “peraphs” Seriously – I have to correct it. Every. Single. Time.
2. Until recently I ate kiwis like an apple – peel and all. This was born from necessity (one time I didn’t have any cutlery) and not ignorance.
3. I have an extremely difficult time watching debates, whether live, on TV, or in a movie. I become extremely anxious.
4. Despite the fact that I wanted to become a teacher – I have shied away from or backed out of every opportunity that would have led me in that direction.
5. I am really good at re-organizing things in an artistic way.
Of course there are many more, but to share everything would remove the aura of mystery that surround me. And, it could get really awkward.
This whole exercise has been interesting to think about what we share without hesitation, what we share with prompting, and what we will never reveal.
Because people (like ogres) are like onions…they both have layers.